Tuesday, March 02, 2010

The One Where I Try To Remember That Doubles are Lucky





It's been a "thing" in my family for as long as I can remember. I'm not sure how it works, it's some kind of crazy numerology thing, but it's always been true. Doubles are significant for me. Always have been, always will be. There are doubles in my birth date, in Momma's birth date, and if you added up the date of her death, it equaled the doubles in her birth date. Doubles in my daughters "gotcha" date, and if you add up her birth date, you get doubles again. Add up the date of my anniversary, you get doubles. I met Himself in a year of doubles... Despite the fact that it sounds crazy, there are too many occurrences to believe that it's random. It's the way the universe seems to work for me...
So today I hit yet another "double" in life. Today I turn 44. It looks old when I write it, it sounds old when I say it. Yet most days, I don't feel old at all. Most days, I just feel like a really smart (or smart-assed) 22 year-old. And those other days, where I just feel like the 99 year-old woman.

So, just for today, I'm going to try and remember that so many things that shape me as a person came to me in doubles. And that this year of doubles will be the best one yet...

PS: this post sat in draft overnight. Apparently my lucky doubles thing doesn't extend to technology.... le sigh

No comments: