Saturday, January 01, 2011

The One Where I Sort of Triumphantly Return
What?!? No trumpets? No heraldic horns? Fine, be that way...
A new year has begun, and with that, I thought I'd settle in to do some of the things that I've resolved to do over the past few years. We shall not discuss failed resolutions. What I intend to do is just ACT, just do it and enjoy the ride.
The last few months have presented challenges, more than some folks, less than others, but by and large we've made it through. We're all a little bit older, a little bit wiser, and overall a little bit more than we were before. 

I've slapped a new coat of paint on this lonesome old town (quick, name that tune!) and I'm getting ready to party. The photos are my own, including the header, which just tickles me because it's a detail of a grave outside of Paris. I do so love old cemeteries. And I'm a little bit pissed that someone thought of that before I did. Perhaps I can claim it as my own, since it is in a foreign country and from the 1800's.

I leave you with the tune you may or may not know, but you definitely should


 

No comments: