Tuesday, January 20, 2009

The One About The Earth Standing Still


I'm not sure why the Earth is standing still...I only know that it is.


For the past couple of years, this country has been screaming for change. They now have it. I hope that it works, I really do...

I'm glad that he acknowledged the problems that this country faces. I'm heartened that he called for responsibility. I don't believe however....

I don't believe that throwing more money into an already broken system is the way to fix anything.

I don't believe that incurring $17000 worth of debt for every household in this country is the way to do it....

I don't believe that you can call for sacrifice from the populace while stating that we will not apologize for our way of life...

I don't believe that you can lead a military when you haven't served yourself...

I don't believe that you can unite a nation, when you set yourself apart...

I don't believe that you can "learn as you go".....

I don't believe....

I'm not part of whole "change" thing. I understand the significance of an African American man being elected president. I get that. But the bottom line is...he's just a man. He's got a great story, fabulous oration skills, and the American press in his pocket...but that's about all he has.... I hope with all my heart that America's faith in the new messiah in well founded.



No comments: