Wednesday, January 21, 2009

The One About Economizing and Stuff that Doesn't Work



That stuff up there...that picture that Blogger will not allow me to move?? That stuff does not work for me. That stuff is $35.00 a tube (not that I paid that) and it turned me into a dried-up piece of shoe leather. I should have expected it, I suppose. Lemon is often used as a bleach or astringent. But I'm committed to using up everything in my cabinets, so I used it up...and now all I need are a couple of buckles and I could pass for a very large Birkenstock... thank goodness it was a "free" gift. I'm just leathery, not leathery and ticked off....

I wanted to pause a moment and talk about the whole idea of "economizing".

Growing up, I was taught to buy the best that you can afford. And I do. But the best that you can afford is a waste if you don't use it. That being said dear readers, you will find here, from time to time, stuff that works really well.....and stuff that doesn't.

I am that "full-boat" kind of girl. 99% of the time, I'm the person with her hair and make-up done. I'm not fancy, and I live in jeans....but I'm coiffed and pressed almost everyday. I'm also OCD girl...it must be clean, it must function properly, yada, yada, yada...

Economizing is about spending what money you have wisely while maintaining the standards you have set for yourself. That stuff up there??? Would be a waste of money for me to ever purchase....






Subscribe in a reader

No comments: